I forgot to mention I joined Amazon Prime this morning. You get a 30-day free trial and then are charged $79 if you don't cancel before the trial is over. I think I am going to keep it and pay the annual subscription. It all started with wanting to buy the Castile soap in my previous post. I hate paying shipping charges. I also bought a Mary Engelbreit 2010 box calendar-something I buy every year. If I would have bought the soap alone, I figure I saved around $8 on shipping. So $71 more on shipping fees to recover the fee. Wonder how long that will take me?
I plan to use Amazon for some Christmas gifts and later on, I want to see what things I could buy out of the grocery section. I surfed around on there yesterday and it's hard for me to see any bargains because I use coupons. But I also noticed there were lots of things that aren't available in my area (small town, USA). And also Amazon provides an easy search for organic items. With my yearning to be "greener" and to "eat better" this could be a great help. Amazon sells Bob's Red Mill items which I have tried and like.
Along with Aldi's and growing my own (backyard garden), Amazon could be one more way out of the Walmart WarpZone.
I have always been pretty frugal and enjoy the creativity in being "one of those people" (hehe). But with the way things are going in the United States right now, I feel I need to let loose of a bunch of baggage (clutter) and tighten up on unneeded expenditures. Walmart is nothing but a big spending pit for me. I impulse buy like a maniac when I'm in one. My normal good cents sense just flies away.
I will have to watch how much I buy at Amazon and figure out if this was a good deal or not - more to come on that....well next November when the suscription ends or gets renewed.
Anyone else use Amazon Prime? What have your experiences been and do you think it is worth it?



These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati