Teeth of a model.Image via Wikipedia
I went to the dentist yesterday. It's the first of many appointments, unfortunately. Before I can even get my teeth fixed - I have to get them cleaned - before I can get my teeth cleaned, I need to get them precleaned. LOL umm yeah. I got the first half of my roots cleaned and am scheduled to get the other half of my mouth done next week and then another appointment next month to get a regular cleaning. I did yesterday without numbing and hope to get through the next one without too. I was happy about that. And also, I got a new toothbrush! It's called a Rotadent. It doesn't look like a regular brush - the bristles are smaller and flatten out when using it to get in between your teeth. I haven't used it yet by myself - it has to charge for 24hrs the first time. So tonight will be the first time I use it at home. I have 2 different things to use with it. A rinse to use as toothpaste and then some expensive toothpaste which they may want me to use long-term (yeah, it's $12 a tube). I can see that long-term thing coming at me already. But the dental hygienist said it lasts a long time - and I can see that being true because of the brush.
She also gave me some tablets to use to see how good of job I am doing with the brush. I'm glad for that - as I want to step up to the plate and do my part. I hate brushing my teeth, because they are sensitive to everything and look at it as a distasteful task to get over with as quickly as possible. This brush will force me to spend time with my teeth because you have to go around the gumline of each tooth. ......God give me the strength and patience and persistence.


These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati